Sunday, January 9, 2011

School holiday painting fun

At last the school holidays have started in earnest and we are back in painting mode. Fleur was inspired first and I was so taken with this colour blue that I asked for her left-over pallet. "Sure, do you want me to mix some more for you?"
It's called "Forest Grove Road"
"Purple bowl"
I had a great time tearing indian papers, stamping and applying texture paste. It's quite a narrow canvas with exact dimensions being 23cm x 70cm, 1.5 deep. I have painted the sides in the blue/green and it's ready to hang.

"Bowl of flowers"
This one has a range of papers glued to the background first, then colours chosen for the painting from that. Lace flowers are glued on and some texture paste accentuates the bowl. I bothered this one for a few days until happy with the contrast. My favourite bit which is hard to see until up close is the music scores under the lily cream paint.

"Giraffe"
Experimenting with a stamping technique has worked nicely on this giraffe. There's a nice contrast of fun/spontaneous background with the more controlled main character. I sold a similar giraffe painting last year at the markets and have been meaning to have a go at another one but have found it difficult to do one exactly the same. I prefer this one I think.

Fleur gave her masterpiece to her dad for Christmas but I am happy to sell my creations.
Just email if you are interested and I'll think about how to get it to you.
All on canvas and ready to hang, acrylic and mixed media.
Giraffe: $70 (25cm x 61cm and 1.5cm deep)
Bowl of flowers: $150 (48cm x 65cm and 4cm deep)
Purple bowl: $85 (23cm x 70cm and 1.5cm deep)



No comments:

Post a Comment