Friday, January 14, 2011

Flower painting

Magnolia
I have started to use up some old canvases laying around and when mum presented a photo of a magnificent magnolia her friend had grown it just seemed perfect for this huge canvas. This deep sided canvas is an impressive 80cm x 80cm square. The staples show on the sides so it really needs framing but I've painted them brown for now.

I've used the music score in the background again as I really like this look. Here's an up-close look.
Magnolia in detail

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kerry...popped over from Flying Lessons to check out your blog. Sounds like you are on a journey similar to mine. I love your blog and this mixed media flower. I'm also exploring flowers for my artwork, along with abstract landscapes. I'm having a hard time focusing on one type of art...there's so much I like and want to try it makes my head spin. Planning to do a little art camp this summer with my daughter, so I'll take your que and do some blog posts about it. Here's my blog if you would like to check it out. http://HeartAndArtJourney.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete