Saturday, July 9, 2011

Mind map to find life balance

I haven't finished many pieces lately but was happy with this one. The original painting is of a mind map I created to find balance in my busy life. I photographed it and reduced it to A4 and used the colour print in the construction of a shrine-like piece representing the balance (or lack of!)

Fleur helped me find the ancient piece of wood on the farm and collect the blue wren and chook feathers. We struck ownership issues when it came time to beading. Her attitude is what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine when it comes to mums art treasures. All was resolved and I used some of grannies old pretend pearls. I have found a use at last for those little wood wedges that come with cheap canvases that don't actually fit in anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment